Pages

Thursday, January 2, 2014

HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM BOLTS & ARROWS


Welcome to my first post of the year! I'm so excited to be on the second blank page of the 365 page book that will be 2014. 2013 was the year I got a new lastname, met my idol (Brandon Flowers) and traveled to places I'd never been before (New York, Chicago, Las Vegas to name a few). So 2014 has some HUGE shoes to fill, and, in attempt to keep myself honest I'm going to list all of my resolutions here. I've made 14 (it just seemed to make sense.. considering). So here they are in all their glory, my 2014 New Year resolutions:

1. Get In Shape. 
Eating healthy has not been my strong suit, especially since our wedding in November. So, my plan is to stick to mostly Paleo, clean eating and exercise at least 5 days a week. My goal: feeling good and looking good.

2. Blog Regularly. 
Blogging regularly has to be the hardest thing ever. I've had this blog since the beginning of last year and I still haven't stuck to routine. So, this year is the year I blog religiously.

3. Get to know Atlanta. 
If I'm going to live here I need to know as much about the city as possible. I want to be the type of person that can tell you the best places to shop, eat, see in my city. I'm a military brat so I've never really been 'from' anywhere, so why not grow where you're planted?

4. Visit New Orleans 
I've always wanted to go and I have plans to go there in April, so this should be a fairly easy resolution to keep.

5. Vacation Somewhere Tropical
Now that I've vacationed in the desert, I'm ready for some of that pretty clear blue water, white sand and fruity drinks.

6. Go to Las Vegas for Life is Beautiful Festival.
It was just so much fun last year, and it's always nice to have an excuse to get back to Nevada.

7. Look Good Everyday, or At Least Try.  
This might sound weird, but I work from home. So sometimes it gets easy to walk around in your pajamas and leggings, but it ain't exactly 'hot' and I always feel better putting on a fresh face and throwing on jeans, like I can take on the world.

8. Stay In Touch More. 
I want to put more effort into staying in touch with family and friends this year. There's nothing better than knowing you made someones day just from picking up the phone or sending a gift and remembering their special day.

9. Cook More 
Lucky me got stainless steel pots and pans for Christmas, and I plan on using them to cook some amazing dishes.

10. Be an Asset to My Company
If you're going to do anything, do it with passion and make a difference, especially if you're going to spend 40 hours a week doing it.

11. Read More
I think this says it all, how could reading do you wrong. If it wasn't for reading I wouldn't have the amazing knowledge of Harry Potter and Twilight... and deeper stories like that of the Alchemist and The Power of Now. Reading just makes you better, and 2014 is the year to be the best I can be.

12. Find a Staple Look 
Once you've settled on a look, how you'd like to wear or cut your hair, or even what type of makeup you'd like to wear everyday, it makes getting ready and looking good easy-peasy. It all comes down to logistics, the more you do it the easier and bettter it becomes.

13. Make a New Friend
I've been so lucky to meet some amazing people in 2013 that I can't even imagine life without, so I'm hoping to add to the list - but you should always go for quality over quantity - so as long as I make just one new friend I know I'm spreading my wings and getting to know people. Granted, if I make 10, I won't be disappointed.

14. Host More Parties and Get Togethers
Because who doesn't want to be the hostess with the most-est? Complete with decked out bar carts paper straws and delectable treats? Correct. No one. Nobody doesn't want to have awesome parties. I rest my case.

So what are your resolutions for the New Year?

XOXO - Erica 

No comments:

Post a Comment