Pages

Monday, March 4, 2013

How We Met {INFOGRAPHICS}

So I don't know about you guys, but I feel super cheese when writing "story of us" type blog post for our wedding site.

It just feels, unauthentic, plus - not all romantic stories include details you want to make privy to every person in you family, social network and heck anyone who has access to a computer screen.

So, I love the idea of infographics. Maybe it's because I work in marketing / communications and were all about showing lots of information in images that are easier to digest than text heavy stories and long winded explanations. I'm going to work on one for me and Kevin today, but for now here are some that other couples used to show how they met. Enjoy!


 1. This one is a lot longer than I would like, but I love the different use of type and the original information that's just about them.
 2. Short, sweet to the point. And I dig the arrows, but you should probably already know that about me.
 3.  I like the flow chart, and the little bits of humor they use to tell their story.
 4. Here's another one that's short and sweet, I like the contrast in the middle too, it breaks up the text so people like me with short attention spans feel like something new is happening.


5. I like the spacing on this and the use of color. Also, this one shows the story a lot more visually than the others which gets it extra points in my book (yes, I have a book.. and yes, it's mostly pictures).
 

6.  This one has graphs and charts which is cute, it also get's a lot of information into a small area, which is a major do.


7. This one is funny, which I think is the best way to get people information, entertain them.


8. I have to say this is one of my favorites, it's got color, lots of images, not heavy on the text, short and sweet, add some arrows to this bad boy and I think we have a winner!
 

Okay, now it's time to work on one of our own. I'll let you know how it goes. Until then!
 
Sources: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8

1 comment: