Pages

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Bohemian Modern: There's No Place Like Home


When you're moving from apartment to apartment it can be hard to make it feel like home; especially when you're working with the budget of a recently engaged entry level worker. There's this tug-a-war between what you know your decor style is, what you can afford and what you have to make work from your compilation of college apartment um... "furniture" and hand me downs from family.

The great thing about the furniture and decor I love is that it's elcectic, a mix match of old and new, of modern and antique. We have some great peices like this old mid century modern faux bamboo dresser (that's in need of a paint job..) and newer peices like our leather butterfly chair and garden stools. Then, there's the IKEA furniture that we love, hell - it's durable, easy to clean, and years from now when we upgrade it'll be perfect for a basement or play room.

Right now, our main focus is of course on our wedding, but I wanted to take a break from those post for the day and talk about what we'd love our apartment, and eventually our first home to look like. Here are some of my favorite homes and decor peices for inspiration:

1. Alaina Kaczmarski's Chicago Apartment



There is so much I love about her place, from her living room hues of gray combined with aztec prints! I love love love the Ankara Pouf she has from Lulu & Georgia and the white antler accent, don't even get me started. I could just move into Alaina's house pretty much. Plus, I want every single little thing she has in her arsenal of kitchen tools (if you ever get a peek of our registry you'll notice...).

2. Jessie Webster's Los Angeles Abode





Leather butterfly chair, aztec rugs, lamb fur throw and modern furniture with the contrast of natural wood; there's just so much to love about this home I would say more but then I'd be typing all day.

3. Kirstin's Simple Grove


I love Kristin's bedroom, from the aztec rug and cow hide throw to the dark accent wall. And, there again is the prevalent modern meets natural wood them. It's just beautiful!

4. SF Girl By Bay's Bohemian Modern Home





Maybe it's the record player or the original art prints splattered on the walls, or maybe it's the texture of the high rugs and throws against the leather furniture, either way it's the perfect mixture of rough and cozy, or hard and soft, I'd live here in a heart beat!

Okay, not it's back to wedding planning! Until next time!

- Erica



No comments:

Post a Comment